Sweet and spicy, this salad features a homemade chipotle ranch dressing. Serves two, this is a Valentine's lunch that you can feel good about enjoying.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 chipotle peppers (mashed) with 1 TBS sauce from the jar
- dash of pepper
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/3 cup feta
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 TBS of red onion, chopped/slivered
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dressing: Stir or blend all ingredients together until smooth. Note: if dressing is too thick, juice of an entire lime can be used or 1 to 4 teaspoons of water to thin it out.
- Salad: Arrange ingredients around bowl of dressing and serve. Alternatively, mix all ingredients together and toss with dressing.
Note: Not a huge fan of spice? Feel free to use less of the chipotle peppers to start and taste test the dressing as you go to get the flavor you desire.
Click here to print this recipe card